Sunday 18 September 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 18, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
What's Your Number?, directed by Mark Mylod, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while In The Garden Of Beasts by Erik Larson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fresh Meat.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alice: Madness Returns or Minecraft.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 September 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 2011!
Which were the important events of 18 September 2011 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 September
- Syrian opposition groups claim that at least four people have been killed across Syria. (CNN)
- Syrian activists call for mass protests in schools against the regime of President Bashar al-Assad as the school year begins. (''Haaretz'')
- Arab Spring:
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- 2011 Libyan civil war: Heavy fighting continues in the Libyan towns of Sirte and Bani Walid, with eight anti-Gaddafi fighters killed on Saturday. (BBC)
- 2011 Yemeni uprising: Witnesses claim that at least 26 people were killed and dozens wounded after security forces open fire on protesters in Sana'a. (AP via ''The Guardian'')
- The 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards for television programs broadcast in the United States are held in Los Angeles with ''Mad Men'' winning the outstanding drama series and ''Modern Family'' winning the Outstanding Comedy. (''USA Today'')
- 2011 Sikkim earthquake:
- A magnitude 6.9 earthquake occurs in northwestern Sikkim, northern India, causing shaking in parts of India, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Tibet Autonomous Region. At least thirty seven deaths are reported. (''The Australian'')
- Former head of the International Monetary Fund Dominique Strauss-Kahn gives his first television interview on the French television network TF1 since rape charges against him were dropped in New York City. (BBC)
- Police in Brazil arrest two people in connection with the murder of environmental activist José Cláudio Ribeiro da Silva and his wife Maria do Espírito Santo in Pará State. (AP via ''Daily Bulletin'')
- Negotiations begin as Latvian politicians seek to form a new government after yesterday's election, with the Social Democratic Party ampquotHarmonyampquot having won the most seats and Zatlers' Reform Party and Unity also doing well. (Reuters)
- Berlin election:
- Voters in the German capital of Berlin go to the polls for a state election, with current mayor Klaus Wowereit and his Social Democrats doing well. (Reuters)
- The Pirate Party enters a state parliament for the first time while the Free Democrats achieve 2% of the vote. (BBC)
- Sinn Fein announces that Martin McGuinness, current Deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland and former Irish Republican Army commander, will be a candidate for the Irish presidential election with John O'Dowd serving as acting Deputy First Minister. (''Financial Times'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 18 September 2011
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Palermo : 1 - 0
- Bologna - Lecce : 0 - 2
- Catania - Cesena : 1 - 0
- Lazio - Genoa : 1 - 2
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Genk - Standard : 3 - 0
- Gent - Anderlecht : 0 - 1
- Lokeren - Club Brugge : 1 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hannover - Dortmund : 2 - 1
- Schalke 04 - Bayern Munich : 0 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Greuther Furth : 0 - 0
- Bochum - Paderborn : 0 - 4
- Munich 1860 - Frankfurt FSV : 4 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in September 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Otis - Jay Z Kanye West Featuring Otis Redding
- How To Love - Lil Wayne
- Beyonce - Best Thing I Never Had
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- Marvin & Chardonnay - Big Sean Featuring Kanye West & Roscoe Dash
- Quickie - Miguel
- Marvins Room - Drake
- Headlines - Drake
Top #10 Latin songs
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO Featuring Lauren Bennett & GoonRock
- You - Romeo Santos
- Rain Over Me - Pitbull Featuring Marc Anthony
- Tu Olor - Wisin & Yandel
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- The Sound Of Winter - Bush
- Not Again - Staind
- Lowlife - Theory Of A Deadman
- Country Song - Seether
- Up All Night - Blink-182
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?