Sunday 27 September 1981
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brendon McCullum and Cytherea .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Endless Love by Diana Ross.
In UK Tainted Love by Soft Cell was in the top 5 hits.
Galaxy of Terror, directed by B.D. Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Cosmos by Carl Sagan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rod, Jane and Freddy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Count or Sabotage.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1981!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1981 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Brendon McCullum: New Zealand cricketer.
- Cytherea : American adult actress.
- Lakshmipathy Balaji: Indian cricketer.
- Sophie Crumb: American author and illustrator.
- Day in Hollywood, A Night.., closes at John Golden New York after 588 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- Juice Newton - Queen Of Hearts
- Stevie Nicks - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
- Foreigner - Urgent
- Ronnie Milsap - (There's) No Gettin' Over Me
- Journey - Who's Crying Now
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Eddie Rabbitt - Step By Step
- Commodores - Lady (You Bring Me Up)
- The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 27 September 1981
- Atlanta Falcons - Cleveland Browns : 17 - 28
- Buffalo Bills - Cincinnati Bengals : 24 - 27
- Houston Oilers - New York Jets : 17 - 33
- Kansas City Chiefs - Seattle Seahawks : 20 - 14
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?