Saturday 18 September 1982
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alessandro Cibocchi and Arvydas Eitutavičius.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Hard To Say I'm Sorry by Chicago.
In UK Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor was in the top 5 hits.
Le brasier ardent, directed by Ivan Mozzhukhin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Master Of The Game by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tales of the Gold Monkey.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing David's Midnight Magic or Satan's Hollow.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1982!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1982 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Alessandro Cibocchi: Italian footballer.
- Arvydas Eitutavičius: Lithuanian basketball player.
- Alfredo Talavera: Mexican footballer.
- Christian militia begin killing six-hundred Palestinians in Lebanon.
- The Lebanese Christian Militia (the Phalange) kill thousands of Palestinians in the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps with the overlooking of Israeli troops in West Beirut. The massacre is in retaliation for the assassination of pro-Israel president-elect, Bachir Gemayel, as well as several Palestinian massacres against Lebanese Christians.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 September 1982
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- John Cougar - Jack & Diane
- Melissa Manchester - You Should Hear How She Talks About You
- Air Supply - Even The Nights Are Better
- Fleetwood Mac - Hold Me
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky
- Paul McCartney - Take It Away
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?