Saturday 19 October 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Karl Wallingher and Doug Kirby.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Honeycomb by Jimmie Rodgers.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Pal Joey, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Twentieth Century.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1957!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1957 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Karl Wallingher: Prestatyn, Wales -- Rocker (World Party).
- Doug Kirby: American author and travel guide.
- Dorinda Clark-Cole: American singer-songwriter and pianist (The Clark Sisters).
- Ray Richmond: American journalist and critic.
- Karl Wallinger: Welsh singer-songwriter keyboard player and producer (World Party and The Waterboys).
- Vere G Childe: British archaeologist / prehistorian, dies at 65.
- Damn Yankees closes at 46th St. Theater NYC after 1,022 performances
- Maurice Rocket Richard, Mont, became 1st NHLer to score 500 goals
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 October 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
- The Tune Weavers - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?