Thursday April 21, 1983
US date format: 4/21/1983, UK date format: 21/4/1983
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 21, 1983). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Sebastian Ingrosso.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners.
In UK Let's Dance by David Bowie was in the top 5 hits.
The Ballad of Narayama, directed by Shôhei Imamura, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Living, Loving & Learning by Leo Buscaglia was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Time of Your Life.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Jet-Boot Jack or Bio-Attack.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 21, 1983?
- Rome - city birthday.
- Saint Wolbodo
- Saint Konrad von Parzham
- Saint Anastasius I
- See more
- Soyuz T-8 is launched [04-20?]
- Walter Slezak, actor (Bedtime For Bonzo), commits suicide in New York at age 80.
- Scandal-plagued Jackie Presser is elected president of the Teamsters.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 21, 1983?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dexys Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen
- Michael Jackson - Beat It
- Styx - Mr. Roboto
- Greg Kihn Band - Jeopardy
- Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
- After The Fire - Der Kommissar
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - One On One
- Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
- David Bowie - Let's Dance
- Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
Top #5 songs in the UK
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next April 21If April 21, 1983 is your birthday you're 37 years, 5 months, 5 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 6 months, 26 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?