Friday 15 April 1983
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alice Braga and Matt Cardle.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Billie Jean by Michael Jackson.
In UK Let's Dance by David Bowie was in the top 5 hits.
Lone Wolf McQuade, directed by Steve Carver, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while One To One by Theodore Isaac Rubin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Home.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Major Havoc or Cassette 50.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Star Map on 15 April 1983
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1983!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 April 1983 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Alice Braga: Brazilian actress.
- Matt Cardle: British singer/songwriter.
- Blu : American rapper and producer (All City Chess Club).
- Dudu Cearense: Brazilian footballer.
- Andreas Fransson: Swedish skier (d. 2014).
- Ilya Kovalchuk: Russian ice hockey player.
- Bronson La'Cassie: Australian professional golfer.
- Martin Pedersen: Danish professional cyclist.
- Anthony Sedlak: Canadian chef and television host (d. 2012).
- Steven Langton: American Olympic bobsledder, he was in the 2010 winter Olympics held in Vancouver, Canada.
- Rangers 0-Isles 5 - Patrick Division Finals - Isles hold 2-0 lead
- Tokyo Disneyland opens in Urayasu, just outside Tokyo, Japan, operated by the Oriental Land Company under licence from Disney. It includes several themed areas: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Westernland, and World Bazaar.
- American Public Radio is founded.
- Tokyo Disneyland opens.
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
- Dexys Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen
- Styx - Mr. Roboto
- Greg Kihn Band - Jeopardy
- Michael Jackson - Beat It
- Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - One On One
- Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
- After The Fire - Der Kommissar
- Culture Club - Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?