Sunday 21 August 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Delilah Stewart Del Toro .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
The Cremator, directed by Juraj Herz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Girl Parts.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bumpy Road or All Zombies Must Die!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 2011!
Which were the important events of 21 August 2011 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Delilah Stewart Del Toro: American child of noted family, her parents are actor Benicio del Toro and his former girlfriend Kimberly Stewart.
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- Abdul Hafiz Ghoga, the Vice Chairman of the National Transitional Council, says that ampquotthe zero hour has startedampquot with fighting continuing in Tripoli. (Al-Jazeera)
- Gaddafi appears on Libyan television claiming to be the ampquotfather of Libyaampquot. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- al-Jazeera reports that the rebels have taken control of Tripoli Airport. (BBC)
- Barack Obama, the President of the United States, calls on Muammar Gaddafi to ampquotrelinquish power once and for all.ampquot (MSNBC)
- Rockets fired from Gaza, reportedly aiming for Israel, land in the Sinai Peninsula of Egypt during the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. (AFP via Google News)
- Four employees of Deutsche Bank AG and its South Korean brokerage unit are indicted for alleged illegal trading on the Korea Exchange. (Yonhap)
- ''The New York Times'' carries claims by anonymous sources that the Bank of Japan is said to be considering a further easing of monetary policy, and the government of Japan may intervene in markets to push the value of the yen down. (''New York Times'')
- A tornado hits the town of Goderich in the Canadian province of Ontario causing significant damage and one death. (AP via the ''Washington Post'')
- Vietnamese police shut down an anti-China rally in Hanoi over disputed territory in the South China Sea. (AP via ''The Washington Post'')
- A team of Australian and British geologists claim to have the found the world's oldest fossils in the Strelley Pool rock formation in the outback of the Australian state of Western Australia. According to the Monday, August 22 Huffington Post online video and short article about them (''New York Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 21 August 2011
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Bergen : 2 - 2
- Standard - Kortrijk : 3 - 1
- Waregem - Club Brugge : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hannover - Hertha : 1 - 1
- Mainz - Schalke 04 : 2 - 4
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Cottbus - Karlsruhe : 2 - 0
- Dresden - Paderborn : 1 - 2
- Frankfurt FSV - Ein Frankfurt : 0 - 4
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Marseille - St Etienne : 0 - 0
- Montpellier - Rennes : 4 - 0
- Nancy - Sochaux : 1 - 2
- Paris SG - Valenciennes : 2 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?