Thursday 21 October 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 21, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars.
Ways to Live Forever, directed by Gustavo Ron, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Pinheads And Patriots by Bill O'Reilly was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gigantic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chip 'N Dale: Rescue Rangers or DJMAX Portable Hot Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 October 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 2010!
Which were the important events of 21 October 2010 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 October
- A bomb attack on a bus on the southern Philippine island of Mindanao kills at least seven people. (BBC)
- Suspected Taliban militants kill an International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) soldier and five Afghan policeman in attacks in Afghanistan. (AFP)
- Biochemist Nick Lane wins the Royal Society Science Book Prize for ''Life Ascending: The Ten Great Inventions of Evolution''. (BBC)
- French protests
- France faces another day of strikes with a quarter of petrol stations not having any fuel. (Reuters)
- Activists block access to the Marseille Provence Airport, the fifth biggest airport in France. (BBC)
- Toyota orders a recall of 1.5 million vehicles, including various Lexus models and Toyota Avalon models, due to brake fluid and fuel pump problems. (AP via MSNBC)
- A powerful 6.9 magnitude occurs off the coast of Baja California Sur in Mexico. (''Economic Times'')
- At least 50 people die as an outbreak of an as-of-yet unidentified disease occurs in Haiti. (BBC)
- The African Union calls on the United Nations Security Council to impose an air and naval blockade of Somalia to counter an Islamist Al-Shabaab militant insurgency and piracy. (AFP)
- Cuban dissident Guillermo Fariñas, who has has staged more than 20 hunger strikes, is awarded the Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought by the European Parliament. (''The Telegraph'')
- China condemns a United Nations report that says Chinese bullets were used in attacks on international peacekeeping forces in the Darfur region of Sudan. (BBC)
- President of Venezuela Hugo Chávez finishes a two-day visit to Iran, signing agreements on oil, energy and commerce. (CNN)
- Jewish settlers have started building more than 600 homes in the West Bank since a building freeze expired last month. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Belgian woman Els Clottemans is sentenced to 30 years imprisonment for murdering her love rival Els Van Doren by sabotaging her parachute so neither it nor a safety chute would open during a November 18, 2006 parachute jump. (Fox News)
- Russell Williams escalated to sexual assaults and culminated in the brutal sex killings of Cpl. Marie-France Comeau, 37, and Jessica Lloyd, 27. Canadian Air Force Colonel Russell Williams is sentenced to two consecutive life sentences for two murders, several sexual assaults and dozens of fetish burglaries. (Chronicle Herald)
- Tibetan students protest Chinese government education policies that limit the teaching of Tibetan language. (CNN)
- Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir retracts an earlier remark and says there will be no return to civil war with the south if the referendum on South Sudanese self determination results in a vote for independence. (Africa News)
- Myanmar changes its name from Union of Myanmar to Republic of the Union of Myanmar, and also changes the design of the national flag. (Reuters)
- Thousands of people protest in Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina, after a left-wing activist is killed in a dispute between two labor unions. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Holding You Down (Goin In Circles) - Jazmine Sullivan
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Fancy - Drake Featuring T.I. & Swizz Beatz
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Hot Tottie - Usher Featuring Jay-Z
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
Top #10 Latin songs
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- I Like It - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Pitbull
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Al Diablo Lo Nuestro - Espinoza Paz
- El Malo - Aventura
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Kick In The Teeth - Papa Roach
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Jimmy Eat World - My Best Theory
- Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $38.50
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $84.30
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $74.32
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $42.87
- 1 CHF = 6.8714 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4841 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9418 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.509 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?