Friday 22 December 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Schmidt and Maria de las Nieves.
Born Yesterday, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Decline And Fall Of Practically Everybody by Will Cuppy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching You Asked for It.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1950!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1950 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
Famous Birthdays:22 December
- 2 self-propelled trains of Long Island RR collide, killing 77
- Two self-propelled trains of Long Island, New York, railroad collide, killing 77.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?