Wednesday 6 December 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Guy Drut and Joe Hisaishi.
Kim, directed by Victor Saville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Gabby Hayes Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
What the sky looked like on 6 December 1950
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 6 December 1950. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1950!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1950 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Guy Drut: French athlete born to a British mother.
- Joe Hisaishi: Japanese pianist composer and conductor.
- Thom Barry
- Daniel Sahuleka: Moluks / Dutch singer / guitarist (Viva la Libertad).
- Helen Liddell: Baroness Liddell of Coatdyke Scottish journalist and politician Secretary of State for Scotland.
- Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical Mirabile illud
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?