Friday 1 December 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Keith in Lafayette and Keith Thibodeaux.
Kim, directed by Victor Saville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1950!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1950 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Richard Keith in Lafayette: Louisiana, USA; actor (Little Ricky - I Love Lucy).
- Keith Thibodeaux: American actor and drummer.
- Mathilde Daudet: French reporter, great-granddaughter of writer and poet Alphonse Daudet.
- Manju Bansal: Indian biologist and academic.
- Gary Panter: American illustrator and painter.
- Filippos Petsalnikos: Greek lawyer and politician Greek Minister of Justice
- Richard Keith: American actor and drummer (David and the Giants)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 December 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?