Wednesday 13 December 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wendy Malick and Armand Jung.
Kim, directed by Victor Saville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Little World Of Don Camillo by Giovanni Guareschi was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Gabby Hayes Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1950!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 13 December 1950 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Wendy Malick
- Armand Jung
- Wendie Malick: Actress (Just Shoot Me).
- Linda Bellos: English businesswoman and politician.
- Julia Slingo: English meteorologist and academic.
- Tom Vilsack: American politician, Governor of Iowa, first elected to that post in 1998, the first Democrat elected to that state's Governor's seat in 30 years.
- Heather North in Pasadena: California, USA; actress (The Barefoot Executive).
- Abraham Wald: Romanian mathematician and economist (d. 1950).
- James Dean begins his career with an appearance in a Pepsi commercial.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?