Monday March 22, 1993
US date format: 3/22/1993, UK date format: 22/3/1993
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on March 22, 1993). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Sir John Major (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Natalia Starr and Suraj Sharma.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Informer by Snow.
In UK Oh Carolina by Shaggy was in the top 5 hits.
Kshatriya, directed by J.P. Dutta, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while Making The Mummies Dance by Thomas Hoving was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Good Advice.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chester Cheetah: Wild Wild Quest or Body Blows.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 22, 1993?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- See more
- Intel introduces Pentium-processor (80586) 64 bits-60 MHz-100+ MIPS
- The Intel Corporation ships the first Pentium chips (80586), featuring a 60 MHz clock speed, 100+ MIPS, and a 64 bit data path.
- The Israeli Knesset elects Ezer Weizman as President of Israel.
- South Africa officially abandons its nuclear weapons programme. President de Klerk announces that the country's 6 warheads had already been dismantled in 1990.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 22, 1993?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next March 22If March 22, 1993 is your birthday you're 27 years, 5 months, 29 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 6 months, 2 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?