Friday 12 June 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 12, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Parris Glendening and Bernard Val.
The Phantom Plainsmen, directed by John English, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 June 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1942 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Parris Glendening: Politician.
- Bernard Val: French businessman, the president of Autoroutes du Sud de la France (ASF), a Vinci Autoroutes company, specializing in the operation of highway infrastructure.
- Len Barry: American singer-songwriter and producer (The Dovells).
- Bert Sakmann: German physiologist and biologist Nobel Prize laureate.
- Walter Leigh: Composer, dies at 36.
- Anne Frank gets her diary as a birthday present (Amsterdam)
- Hitler orders enslavement of Slavic peoples
- Tornado kills 35 in Oklahoma City, USA.