Monday March 22, 2004
US date format: 3/22/2004, UK date format: 22/3/2004
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on March 22, 2004). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Yeah! by Usher.
In UK Cha Cha Slide by DJ Casper was in the top 5 hits.
Two Brothers, directed by Jean-Jacques Annaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while The South Beach Diet by Arthur Agatston was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching George and the Dragon.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dead Man's Hand or Conflict: Vietnam.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 22, 2004?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- See more
- Ahmed Yassin, co-founder and leader of the Palestinian Sunni Islamist group Hamas, two bodyguards, and nine civilian bystanders are killed in the Gaza Strip when hit by Israeli Air Force AH-64 Apache fired Hellfire missiles.
- Testimony begins in the state murder trial of convicted Oklahoma City bombing accomplice, Terry Nichols, in McAlester, Oklahoma. (AP)
- ROC presidential election, 2004: Chen Shui-bian's Democratic Progressive Party submits a bill to the Legislative Yuan to allow an immediate recount, per Lien Chan's demand, but the majority Pan-Blue Coalition dismisses it as unnecessary saying the President could just issue an executive order instead. (The Star) (Bloomberg)
- Microsoft is to be fined a record €497 million ($613 million) by the European Commission as punishment for abusing its Windows monopoly, according to reports ahead of a key meeting by EU Commissioners on Wednesday. (Financial Times)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 22, 2004?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Usher Featuring Lil Jon & Ludacris - Yeah!
- Ludacris - Splash Waterfalls
- Chingy Featuring J. Weav - One Call Away
- J-Kwon - Tipsy
- JAY-Z - Dirt Off Your Shoulder
- Ruben Studdard - Sorry 2004
- Cassidy Featuring R. Kelly - Hotel
- Twista Featuring Kanye West & Jamie Foxx - Slow Jamz
- Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You
- Beyonce - Me, Myself And I
Sport Games on March 22, 2004
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Lubeck - Nurnberg : 2 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Leeds - Man City : 2 - 1
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Albinoleffe - Triestina : 0 - 0
- Avellino - Ternana : 0 - 2
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Moreirense - Belenenses : 0 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next March 22If March 22, 2004 is your birthday you're 16 years, 4 months, 22 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 7 months, 9 days.
What news were making the headlines those days in March 2004?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $41.25
- Apple AAPL: opens at $25.37
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $24.53
- General Electric GE: opens at $29.94
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $91.27
- 1 USD = 106.73 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.3322 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.2561 CHF
- 1 EUR = 131.66 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6679 GBP