Friday 23 December 1983
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carlos Jimenez and Irene Fornaciari.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Say Say Say by Paul McCartney.
In UK Only You by The Flying Pickets was in the top 5 hits.
Silkwood, directed by Mike Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while In Search Of Excellence by Thomas J. Peters and Robert H. Waterman Jr was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Video Music Box.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Asterix or Major Havoc.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1983!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1983 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Carlos Jimenez: Spanish ice hockey player.
- Irene Fornaciari: Italian singer-songwriter who participated in the Sanremo Festival in 2009 in the category "New Proposals" but became famous in the 2010 Festival participating, along with Nomadi, in the category "Artists" with the song "Il mondo piange.
- Ravi Dubey: TV Actor.
- Hanley Ramirez: Dominican baseball player.
- Michael Chopra: English footballer.
- Journal Science publishes first report on nuclear winter.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Say Say Say
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Say It Isn't So
- Duran Duran - Union Of The Snake
- Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart
- Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)
- Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
- Pat Benatar - Love Is A Battlefield
- Olivia Newton-John - Twist Of Fate
- The Rolling Stones - Undercover Of The Night
- Matthew Wilder - Break My Stride
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?