Sunday 25 December 1983, Christmas
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Say Say Say by Paul McCartney.
In UK Only You by The Flying Pickets was in the top 5 hits.
Silkwood, directed by Mike Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Poland by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Grimm's Fairy Tales and Storybook Series.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ah Diddums or Manic Miner.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1983!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1983 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 December
- Joan Miro: Spanish artist, considered the best of the surrealists, whose style was marked with zips and twinkles, and odd-looking human and animal creatures.
- 1st live telecast of Christmas Parade
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Say Say Say
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Say It Isn't So
- Duran Duran - Union Of The Snake
- Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart
- Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)
- Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
- Pat Benatar - Love Is A Battlefield
- Olivia Newton-John - Twist Of Fate
- The Rolling Stones - Undercover Of The Night
- Matthew Wilder - Break My Stride
Top #10 songs in the UK
- The Flying Pickets - Only You
- Phil Collins - You Can't Hurry Love
- David Essex - A Winter's Tale
- Paul Young - Love Of The Common People
- Renee & Renato - Save Your Love
- Slade - My Oh My
- Keith Harris & Orville - Orville's Song
- Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
- Modern Romance - Best Years Of Our Lives
- The Thompson Twins - Hold Me Now
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?