Wednesday 28 December 1983
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mike He .
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Say Say Say by Paul McCartney.
In UK You Can't Hurry Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
Silkwood, directed by Mike Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Who Killed The Robins Family? by Thomas Chastain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Grimm's Fairy Tales and Storybook Series.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Expedition Amazon or Frogrun!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1983!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1983 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- US say they will leave UNESCO on Dec 31, 1984
- 72nd Davis Cup: Australia beats Sweden in Melbourne (3-2).
- Warren Cromartie signs three year US$2.5 million contract with Yomiuri Giants.
- US says they will leave UNESCO on December 31, 1984.
- Dennis Wilson, American drummer/singer (The Beach Boys), drowns at age 39 (born 1944).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Say Say Say
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Say It Isn't So
- Duran Duran - Union Of The Snake
- Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart
- Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)
- Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
- Pat Benatar - Love Is A Battlefield
- Olivia Newton-John - Twist Of Fate
- The Rolling Stones - Undercover Of The Night
- Matthew Wilder - Break My Stride
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Phil Collins - You Can't Hurry Love
- The Flying Pickets - Only You
- Paul Young - Love Of The Common People
- David Essex - A Winter's Tale
- Renee & Renato - Save Your Love
- Slade - My Oh My
- Keith Harris & Orville - Orville's Song
- Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
- Modern Romance - Best Years Of Our Lives
- The Thompson Twins - Hold Me Now
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?