Wednesday 23 April 1958
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hilmar Orn Hilmarsson and Carl Bailey.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Twilight Time by The Platters.
In UK Whole Lotta Woman by Marvin Rainwater was in the top 5 hits.
Bob le Flambeur, directed by Melville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jefferson Drum.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1958!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1958 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Hilmar Orn Hilmarsson: Icelandic music composer.
- Carl Bailey: American athlete, pro basketball player for Portland, 1981-82.
- Hilmar Hilmarsson: Icelandic composer and producer.
- Ryan Walter: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Gil Hodges hits his 300th homerun and Pee Wee Reese plays in 2,000th game.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1958 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- The Champs - Tequila
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- The Chordettes - Lollipop
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- Ricky Nelson - Believe What You Say
- Pat Boone - A Wonderful Time Up There
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?