Saturday March 23, 2002
US date format: 3/23/2002, UK date format: 23/3/2002
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on March 23, 2002). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Ain't It Funny by Jennifer Lopez.
In UK Anything Is Possible / Evergreen by Will Young was in the top 5 hits.
Big Trouble, directed by Barry Sonnenfeld, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while Journey Through Heartsongs by Mattie J. T. Stepanek was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Command & Conquer: Renegade or Baldr Force Baldr Force EXE Baldr Force "Standard Edition".
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 23, 2002?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- See more
- Two million to three million trade union members rally in Rome in protest both of labor legislation filed by Prime Minister of Italy Silvio Berlusconi and of the assassination of Marco Biagi, an advisor to the Labor Minister, by the re-formed Red Brigades. Labor leaders threaten a general strike if the legislation is passed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 23, 2002?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Tweet - Oops (Oh My)
- Usher - U Don't Have To Call
- Faith Evans - I Love You
- Ashanti - Foolish
- Mr. Cheeks - Lights, Camera, Action!
- Fat Joe Featuring Ashanti - What's Luv?
- Jennifer Lopez Featuring Ja Rule - Ain't It Funny
- KeKe Wyatt Featuring Avant - Nothing In This World
- Brandy - What About Us?
- Ja Rule Featuring Ashanti - Always On Time
Sport Games on March 23, 2002
Serie AItalian Football
- Parma - Juventus : 1 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Antwerp - St Truiden : 4 - 1
- Beveren - Mouscron : 0 - 1
- Genk - Charleroi : 3 - 2
- Lierse - Lommel : 6 - 3
- Lokeren - Westerlo : 2 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - FC Koln : 3 - 0
- Freiburg - M'gladbach : 0 - 1
- Hansa Rostock - Hamburg : 1 - 1
- Hertha - Nurnberg : 2 - 0
- Leverkusen - Munich 1860 : 4 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Babelsberg - Ahlen : 1 - 2
- Bielefeld - Aachen : 4 - 1
- Ein Frankfurt - Unterhaching : 3 - 2
- Greuther Furth - Karlsruhe : 1 - 1
- Schweinfurt - Mainz : 0 - 3
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in March 2002?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?