Monday 24 April 1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jamie Brown and Chipper Jones in Deland.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Mark of the Devil, directed by Michael Armstrong, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lotus Eaters.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Pong or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1972!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1972 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- Jamie Brown: NFL tackle (Denver Broncos - Super Bowl 32).
- Chipper Jones in Deland: Florida, USA; infielder (Atlanta Braves).
- Nicolas Gill in MontrTal: QuTbec, Canada; 86kg judoka (Olympics-bronze-1992, 1996).
- Jure Kosir: Slovenian skier.
- Chipper Jones: American baseball player: 3rd base, Braves.
- Rab Douglas: Scottish footballer
- Nicolas Gill: Canadian martial artist and coach
- Jure Košir: Slovenian skier
- Laure Sainclair: French porn actress
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 April 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- The Stylistics - Betcha By Golly, Wow
- America - A Horse With No Name
- Aretha Franklin - Day Dreaming
- The Dramatics - In The Rain
- Sonny & Cher - A Cowboys Work Is Never Done
- Jackson Browne - Doctor My Eyes
- Al Green - Look What You Done For Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?