Monday May 24, 1993
US date format: 5/24/1993, UK date format: 24/5/1993
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on May 24, 1993). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Sir John Major (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Christian DelGrosso and Oliver Davis.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to That's The Way Love Goes by Janet Jackson.
In UK Five Live (EP) by George Michael & Queen With Lisa Stansfield was in the top 5 hits.
Ticks, directed by Tony Randel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while Culture Of Complaint by Robert Hughes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Salto postale.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Barbie: Super Model or The Excellent Dizzy Collection.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 24, 1993?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- See more
- Kim Basinger files for bankruptcy to avoid paying $7.4M settlement
- Kurd rebellion kills 33 soldiers and five citizens in Turkey.
- Eritrea achieves independence from Ethiopia after 30-year civil war.
- At the COMDEX show, Microsoft formally launches the Windows NT operating system. Initial version is 3.1. Price is US$495, or US$295 as an upgrade from a previous Windows operating system. The software comprises over 4 million lines of code.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 24, 1993?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next May 24If May 24, 1993 is your birthday you're 27 years, 3 months, 26 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 8 months, 5 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?