Saturday April 25, 1987
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 25, 1987). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jay Park and Bridget MacLeod.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me) by Aretha Franklin.
In UK La Isla Bonita by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
Hot Pursuit, directed by Steven Lisberger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Texasville by Larry McMurtry was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sweet Surrender.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Double Dragon or Street Fighter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 April 1987
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1987!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1987 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Jay Park: b-boy & musician, part of Art of Movement.
- Bridget MacLeod: Australian visual artist, arts writer and curator, and the gallery manager of The Hughes Gallery, Sydney.
- Casey Deidrick: TV Actor.
- Varun Dhawan: Actor.
- Razak Boukari: Togolese footballer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Aretha Franklin - I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)
- Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over
- Prince - Sign O' The Times
- Jody Watley - Looking For A New Love
- Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms
- Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now
- Madonna - La Isla Bonita
- Steve Winwood - The Finer Things
- Lou Gramm - Midnight Blue
- U2 - With Or Without You
Top #10 R&B songs
- Prince - Sign 'O' The Times
- The System - Don't Disturb This Groove
- There's Nothing Better Than Love - Luther Vandross with Gregory Hines
- Atlantic Starr - Always
- Gregory Abbott - I Got The Feelin' (It's Over)
- Smokey Robinson - Just To See Her
- Klymaxx - I'd Still Say Yes
- Aretha Franklin & George Michael - I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)
- Cameo - Back And Forth
- Herb Alpert - Keep Your Eye On Me
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?