What Happened on April 23, 1987US date format: 4/23/1987, UK date format: 23/4/1987
This day in 30 sec.
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 23, 1987). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Neal Bridges and Boaz Mauda.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me) by Aretha Franklin.
In UK La Isla Bonita by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
Hot Pursuit, directed by Steven Lisberger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Windmills Of The Gods by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sweet Surrender.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Final Lap or Inspector Gadget and the Circus of Fear.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 April 1987
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1987!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1987 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Boaz Mauda: Israeli singer.
- Neal Bridges: YouTube Star.
- Michael Arroyo: Ecuadorian footballer.
- John Boye: Ghanaian football player.
- Emily Fox: American basketball player and cup stacker.
- Bo'az Ma'uda: Israeli singer-songwriter.
- 28 construction workers die when the L'Ambiance Plaza apartment building collapses while under construction in Bridgeport, Connecticut.
- New Jersey Devils' farm team Maine Mariners (AHL) move to Utica (Devils) New York.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Aretha Franklin - I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)
- Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over
- Prince - Sign O' The Times
- Jody Watley - Looking For A New Love
- Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms
- Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now
- Madonna - La Isla Bonita
- Steve Winwood - The Finer Things
- Lou Gramm - Midnight Blue
- U2 - With Or Without You
Top #10 R&B songs
- Prince - Sign 'O' The Times
- The System - Don't Disturb This Groove
- There's Nothing Better Than Love - Luther Vandross with Gregory Hines
- Atlantic Starr - Always
- Gregory Abbott - I Got The Feelin' (It's Over)
- Smokey Robinson - Just To See Her
- Klymaxx - I'd Still Say Yes
- Aretha Franklin & George Michael - I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)
- Cameo - Back And Forth
- Herb Alpert - Keep Your Eye On Me
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?