Wednesday 29 April 1987
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 29, 1987). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alicia Morton and Sanâa Alaoui.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to (I Just) Died In Your Arms by Cutting Crew.
In UK La Isla Bonita by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
Hellraiser, directed by Clive Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while A Light In The Attic by Shel Silverstein was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sweet Surrender.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arkanoid - Revenge of Doh or Pac-Mania.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 April 1987
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1987!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1987 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Alicia Morton: American actress.
- Sanâa Alaoui
- Noah Hutton: American noted family, he is the son of actress Debra Winger and actor husband Timothy Hutton.
- Stephanie Corneliussen: Actress.
- Sara Errani: Italian tennis player.
- Japan's premier Nakasone visits the US.
- Chicago Cubs' Andre Dawson hits for the cycle.
- American Can changes its company name to Primerica Corporation.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms
- Jody Watley - Looking For A New Love
- Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over
- Madonna - La Isla Bonita
- Prince - Sign O' The Times
- U2 - With Or Without You
- Aretha Franklin - I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)
- Steve Winwood - The Finer Things
- Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now
- Kool & The Gang - Stone Love
Top #10 R&B songs
- The System - Don't Disturb This Groove
- There's Nothing Better Than Love - Luther Vandross with Gregory Hines
- Atlantic Starr - Always
- Smokey Robinson - Just To See Her
- Prince - Sign 'O' The Times
- Gregory Abbott - I Got The Feelin' (It's Over)
- Klymaxx - I'd Still Say Yes
- Cameo - Back And Forth
- Lillo Thomas - Sexy Girl
- Patrice Rushen - Watch Out
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?