Tuesday 25 December 1990, Christmas
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ronnia Fornstedt and Max Gonzalez.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Because I Love You (The Postman Song) by Stevie B.
In UK Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice was in the top 5 hits.
Kindergarten Cop, directed by Ivan Reitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Iron John by Robert Bly was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Abangan ang susunod na kabanata.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battle Pingpong or Dangaioh.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 25 December 1990 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
Famous Birthdays:25 December
- Marguerite N Wittenberg: Entertainer, dies of cancer at 77.
- Godfather III premieres
- The first successful communication between a client and server via the Internet is established.
- Tim Berners-Lee creates the WorldWideWeb software browser for the NeXT computer, the first Web browser.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stevie B - Because I Love You (The Postman Song)
- Madonna - Justify My Love
- Bette Midler - From A Distance
- Wilson Phillips - Impulsive
- DNA - Tom's Diner
- Damn Yankees - High Enough
- Whitney Houston - I'm Your Baby Tonight
- George Michael - Freedom
- UB40 - The Way You Do The Things You Do
- Ralph Tresvant - Sensitivity
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?