Thursday January 25, 1990
This day in 30 sec.
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 25, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Junho and Brandon Richter.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to How Am I Supposed To Live Without You by Michael Bolton.
In UK Hangin' Tough by New Kids On The Block was in the top 5 hits.
Grand Slam, directed by Giuliano Montaldo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Barbarians At The Gate by Bryan Burrough and John Helyar was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Aerolina.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Final Lap 2 or Spider-Man & Captain America in Dr. Doom's Revenge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 January 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1990!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1990 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Bakhtawar Zardari: Pakistani newsmaker, daughter of Asif Ali Zardari and Benazir Bhutto who was the 11th Prime Minister of Pakistan in two non-consecutive terms from November 1988 until October 1990, and 1993 until her final dismissal on November 1996.
- Brandon Richter: Drummer.
- Lee Junho: Pop Singer.
- Apostolos Giannou: Greek footballer.
- Former Panamanian leader Manuel Noriega is transferred to a Miami Florida jail.
- Avianca Flight 52 runs out of fuel and crashes into Cove Neck, Long Island, after a miscommunication between the flight crew and JFK Airport officials. 73 die.
- The Burns' Day storm hits northwestern Europe.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Bolton - How Am I Supposed To Live Without You
- Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam
- Rod Stewart - Downtown Train
- Jody Watley - Everything
- Seduction - Two To Make It Right
- Lou Gramm - Just Between You And Me
- Tom Petty - Free Fallin'
- Paula Abdul - Opposites Attract
- Skid Row - I Remember You
- Phil Collins - Another Day In Paradise
Top #10 R&B songs
- I'll Be Good To You - Quincy Jones Featuring Ray Charles & Chaka Khan
- Regina Belle - Make It Like It Was
- Skyy - Real Love
- Sybil - Walk On By
- Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly - Silky Soul
- Calloway - I Wanna Be Rich
- By All Means - Let's Get It On
- Good Girls - Your Sweetness
- Scandalous! - Prince Featuring Kim Basinger
- All Nite - Entouch Featuring Keith Sweat
Top #10 Latin songs
- La Cima Del Cielo - Ricardo Montaner
- Kaoma - Lambada
- Como Fui A Enamorarme De Ti - Los Bukis
- Daniela Romo - Quiero Amanecer Con Alguien
- Lambada-Llorando Se Fue - Teresa Guerra
- Gipsy Kings - Vamos A Bailar
- Emmanuel - La Chica De Humo
- Si Me Vas A Olvidar - Roberto Carlos
- Isabel Pantoja - Se Me Enamora El Alma
- Separados - Luis Miguel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?