Thursday 25 January 1990
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bakhtawar Zardari and Brandon Richter.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to How Am I Supposed To Live Without You by Michael Bolton.
In UK Hangin' Tough by New Kids On The Block was in the top 5 hits.
Tremors, directed by Ron Underwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Education Of A Wandering Man by Louis L'Amour was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Agatha Christie: Poirot.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing DuckTales: The Quest for Gold or Chew Man Fu.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1990!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1990 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Bakhtawar Zardari: Pakistani newsmaker, daughter of Asif Ali Zardari and Benazir Bhutto who was the 11th Prime Minister of Pakistan in two non-consecutive terms from November 1988 until October 1990, and 1993 until her final dismissal on November 1996.
- Brandon Richter: Drummer.
- Lee Junho: Pop Singer.
- Apostolos Giannou: Greek footballer.
- Former Panamanian leader Manuel Noriega is transferred to a Miami Florida jail.
- Avianca Flight 52 runs out of fuel and crashes into Cove Neck, Long Island, after a miscommunication between the flight crew and JFK Airport officials. 73 die.
- The Burns' Day storm hits northwestern Europe.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Bolton - How Am I Supposed To Live Without You
- Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam
- Rod Stewart - Downtown Train
- Jody Watley - Everything
- Seduction - Two To Make It Right
- Lou Gramm - Just Between You And Me
- Tom Petty - Free Fallin'
- Paula Abdul - Opposites Attract
- Skid Row - I Remember You
- Phil Collins - Another Day In Paradise
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?