Thursday 30 March 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Bilzerian and Kenneth Buntion.
Buffalo Bill, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 March 1944!
Which were the important events of 30 March 1944 ?
- Saint John Climacus (died 649)
- Easter in 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1997.
- Roman Empire - Festival devoted to Salus.
- Land Day.
- Spiritual Baptist/Shouter Liberation Day - Public holiday in Trinidad and Tobago.
- National Doctors' Day - observed in the USA.
- Saint Quirinus (d. 117)
- Saint Veronus
- Blessed Amadeus IX of Savoy
- Alan Bilzerian: American fashion designer and merchandiser, Bilzerian has a store on fashionable Newbury Street in Boston, MA where he promotes "Euro fashion" and designers.
- Kenneth Buntion: American second-born twin, killed by Houston police officers in a shootout at approx.
- Carl Buntion: American homicide; a cop-killer.
- Gerrit Komrij: Dutch poet, writer, translator, critic, polemic and playwright.
- Twins : American first-born twin, a career criminal.
- 781 British bombers attack Neurenberg, Germany.
- World War II: Allied bombers conduct their most severe bombing run on Sofia, Bulgaria.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Don't Sweetheart Me - Lawrence Welk & His Orchestra
- The Music Stopped - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?