Wednesday 25 March 1992
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elizabeth Lail .
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Save The Best For Last by Vanessa Williams.
In UK Stay by Shakespear's Sister was in the top 5 hits.
The Cutting Edge, directed by Paul M. Glaser, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while The Cat Who Moved A Mountain by Lilian Jackson Braun was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Odyssey.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing B-17 Flying Fortress or Bucky O'Hare.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1992!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 25 March 1992 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Nancy Walker: American actress, singer and comedienne, known for her diminutive size of 4' 11" along with a bull-moose voice.
- Russian manned space craft TM-14, lands
- Pakistan defeats England by 22 runs to win World Cup.
- Imran Khan scores 72 and takes 1-43 off 6 2 overs in last ODI.
- Cosmonaut Sergei Krikalev returns to Earth after a 10-month stay aboard the Mir space station.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Vanessa Williams - Save The Best For Last
- Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven
- Michael Jackson - Remember The Time
- Mr. Big - To Be With You
- Right Said Fred - I'm Too Sexy
- Atlantic Starr - Masterpiece
- Mint Condition - Breakin' My Heart (Pretty Brown Eyes)
- Genesis - I Can't Dance
- Shanice - I Love Your Smile
- Mariah Carey - Make It Happen
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?