Saturday 25 March 2006
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Xeona .
In that special week of March people in US were listening to So Sick by Ne-Yo.
In UK It's Chico Time by Chico was in the top 5 hits.
Don't Deliver Us from Evil, directed by Jol Sria, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Fatal Burn by Lisa Jackson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching It's Not Easy Being Green.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Race Driver 2006 or Dance Dance Revolution DVD Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 2006!
Which were the important events of 25 March 2006 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Seven people die in the Capitol Hill Massacre in Seattle, Washington.
- An estimated 500,000 people take to the streets in downtown Los Angeles to protest a proposed federal crackdown on illegal immigration.
- Protesters demanding a new election in Belarus, following the rigged Belarusian presidential election, 2006, clash with riot police. Opposition leader Aleksander Kozulin is among several protesters arrested.
- Capitol Hill massacre: A gunman kills six people before taking his own life at a party in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 25 March 2006
Serie AItalian Football
- Juventus - Roma : 1 - 1
- Milan - Fiorentina : 3 - 1
- Parma - Inter : 1 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Beveren - Gent : 0 - 1
- FC Brussels - Germinal : 0 - 1
- Lierse - Louvieroise : 0 - 0
- Lokeren - Westerlo : 3 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Duisburg - Bayern Munich : 1 - 3
- FC Koln - Ein Frankfurt : 1 - 1
- Hamburg - Dortmund : 2 - 4
- Mainz - Hertha : 2 - 2
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Bilbao - Osasuna : 1 - 0
- Malaga - Barcelona : 0 - 0
- Villarreal - Betis : 1 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?