Sunday 25 March 2007US date format: 3/25/2007, UK date format: 25/3/2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 25, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Glamorous by Fergie.
In UK (I'm Gonna Be) 500 Miles by The Proclaimers featuring Brian Potter & Andy Pipkin was in the top 5 hits.
Her Best Move, directed by Norm Hunter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Sisters by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Blood Ties.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis or 300: March to Glory.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 March 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 2007!
Which were the important events of 25 March 2007 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 March
- Donald Tsang wins a second term as the Chief Executive of Hong Kong in the city's first contested race. (BBC)
- Vanuatu is struck by an earthquake of 7.2 magnitude southeast of its capital Port Vila. (News Limited)
- UK says requests for access to 15 Royal Navy personnel held by Iran have been denied. (BBC)
- John Holmes, United Nations Emergency Relief Coordinator, warns that the situation in Darfur could collapse if aid workers are prevented from doing their work. (Reuters via CNN)
- Up to 10,000 people protest in Minsk against President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko. (Washington Post)
- Bangkok's former Don Muang International Airport reopens for domestic flights to relieve strain on Suvarnabhumi Airport, which is undergoing repairs. (People's Daily)
- Iran announces that it is partially suspending cooperation with the United Nations International Atomic Energy Agency and will no longer advise it of new steps taken in its nuclear program. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- The Armenian Prime Minister Andranik Margaryan dies of a heart attack. (BBC)
- A tsunami occurs on the northern coast of Japan after an earthquake with a magnitude of 6.9 in the Sea of Japan. NHK reports that 1 person has died and 40 have been injured. (AFP via News Limited)
- Ten people are killed after a fire in a nightclub in Moscow, Russia, caused by a 'fire show'. (CBC)
Sport Games on 25 March 2007
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Almeria - Numancia : 3 - 0
- Castellon - Alaves : 2 - 0
- Elche - Valladolid : 0 - 1
- Malaga - Xerez : 1 - 0
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Northwich - Cambridge : 0 - 4
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Partick - Airdrie Utd : 0 - 1
- Queen of Sth - Clyde : 0 - 0
- St Johnstone - Dundee : 2 - 0
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Forfar - Morton : 0 - 4
- Stranraer - Cowdenbeath : 1 - 6
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- What Goes Around…Comes Around - Justin Timberlake
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
Top #10 R&B songs
- Robin Thicke - Lost Without U
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- You - Lloyd Featuring Lil Wayne
- Throw Some D's - Rich Boy Featuring Polow Da Don
- Musiq Soulchild - Buddy
- Omarion - Ice Box
- Poppin' - Chris Brown Featuring Jay Biz
- I'm A Flirt - R. Kelly Or Bow Wow (Featuring T.I. & T-Pain)
- Ciara - Promise
- Pretty Ricky - On The Hotline
Top #10 Latin songs
- Ese - Conjunto Primavera
- Sola - Hector "El Father"
- Tu Recuerdo - Ricky Martin Featuring La Mari De Chambao Y Tommy Torres
- La Llave De Mi Corazon - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Manda Una Senal - Mana
- Amar Es Lo Que Quiero - David Bisbal
- Te Lo Agradezco, Pero No - Alejandro Sanz Featuring Shakira
- La Noche Perfecta - El Chapo de Sinaloa
- Igual Que Ayer - RKM & Ken-Y
- Los Tigres del Norte - Detalles
Top #8 songs in the UK
- (I'm Gonna Be) 500 Miles - The Proclaimers featuring Brian Potter & Andy Pipkin
- Take That - Shine
- Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Gwen Stefani featuring Akon - The Sweet Escape
- The Fray - How To Save A Life
- Mika - Grace Kelly
- Alex Gaudino featuring Crystal Waters - Destination Calabria
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The British real estate developer became one of the most prolific builders of office space in Manhattan in the 1980s. [..]
The German sports-car maker Porsche plans to lift its existing stake in Volkswagen to 31 percent. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?