Monday 25 May 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ray Stevenson and Ivan Bella.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Love Me Do by The Beatles.
In UK Don't Throw Your Love Away by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Robinson Crusoe on Mars, directed by Byron Haskin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Horizon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1964!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1964 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Ray Stevenson: British actor.
- Ivan Bella: Slovak colonel pilot and astronaut.
- David Shaw: in Saint Thomas; NHL defenseman (Tampa Bay Lightning).
- Vasily Andreyevich Zolotaryov: Composer, dies at 92.
- 16th Emmy Awards: Dick Van Dyke Show, Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore
- Supreme Court rules closing schools to avoid desegregation unconstitut
- Ground is broken for a new sports stadium in Saint Louis, Missouri.
- US Supreme Court rules closing schools to avoid desegregation is unconstitutional.
- In Los Angeles, California, the 16th Annual Emmy Awards are presented, hosted by Joey Bishop and E.G. Marshall. Program of the Year: The Making of the President 1960
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 May 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Love Me Do
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- The Reflections - (Just Like) Romeo And Juliet
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- Billy J. Kramer with the Dakotas - Little Children
- Roy Orbison - It's Over
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?