Thursday 14 May 1964US date format: 5/14/1964, UK date format: 14/5/1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 14, 1964). The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James M Kelly and James M Kelly in Burlington.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to My Guy by Mary Wells.
In UK Don't Throw Your Love Away by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
The Brass Bottle, directed by Harry Keller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Venetian Affair by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Another World.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 May 1964
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1964!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1964 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- James M Kelly: American astronaut.
- Nancy Sorel: Actress (Generations, Black Foix).
- James M Kelly in Burlington: Iowa, USA; Captain US Air Force/astronaut.
- James Kelly: American colonel pilot and astronaut.
- Suzy Kolber: American sportscaster and producer.
- Eric Peterson: American guitarist and songwriter (Testament and Dragonlord).
- Underground America Day is first observed.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- The Beatles - Love Me Do
- The Dave Clark Five - Bits And Pieces
- The Beatles - Do You Want To Know A Secret
- The 4 Seasons - Ronnie
- The Serendipity Singers - Don't Let The Rain Come Down (Crooked Little Man)
- Jan & Dean - Dead Man's Curve
- Danny Williams - White On White
- Roy Orbison - It's Over
Top #10 R&B songs
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- The Impressions - I'm So Proud
- The Reflections - (Just Like) Romeo & Juliet
- Irma Thomas - Wish Someone Would Care
- Betty Everett - The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss)
- Martha & The Vandellas - In My Lonely Room
- Chuck Berry - Nadine (Is It You?)
- Nat King Cole - I Don't Want To Be Hurt Anymore
- Marvin Gaye - You're A Wonderful One
- Slip-In Mules (No High Heel Sneakers) - Sugar Pie DeSanto
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?