Monday 11 May 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Katie Wagner and Bobby Witt in Arlington.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to My Guy by Mary Wells.
In UK Don't Throw Your Love Away by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
What a Way to Go!, directed by J. Lee Thompson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Horizon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1964!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1964 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Katie Wagner: Daughter of Robert Wagner / model / guest VJ (MTV).
- Bobby Witt in Arlington: Virginia, USA; pitcher (Texas Rangers).
- Drew Story in San Clemente: California, USA; canoe (alternate-Olympics-1996).
- Jeff Sellers: baseball pitcher (Boston Red Sox).
- Tim Blake Nelson: American actor.
- Billy Bean: American major league baseballer player (1987-95) who came out as gay in 1999, making front-page news in the New York Times.He is the author of his memoir "Going the Other Way" (2004).
- Bobby Witt: American pro baseball pitcher, selected right out of high school by the Cincinnati Reds organization in the seventh round of free-agent draft pick 6/07/1982. Witt didn't sign with the Reds and enrolled in Oklahoma State, being honored with the Right-handed Pitcher Award on the college All-American team in 1985. He was then selected by the Texas Rangers in the first round free-agent draft pick 6/03/1985. Placed on the disabled list, he did his rehabilitation in the AAA League playing for Oklahoma
- Tim Nelson: American actor director and screenwriter
- John Parrott: English snooker player and sportscaster
- Floyd Youmans: American baseball player coach and manager
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 May 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- The Beatles - Love Me Do
- The Dave Clark Five - Bits And Pieces
- The Beatles - Do You Want To Know A Secret
- The 4 Seasons - Ronnie
- The Serendipity Singers - Don't Let The Rain Come Down (Crooked Little Man)
- Jan & Dean - Dead Man's Curve
- Danny Williams - White On White
- Roy Orbison - It's Over
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?