Tuesday 25 May 1965
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Remco Prins and Roef-Ragas.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Help Me, Rhonda by The Beach Boys.
In UK Ticket To Ride by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Mirage, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while How To Be A Jewish Mother by Dan Greenburg was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meine Melodie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1965!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1965 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Remco Prins: Dutch rock guitarist / vocalist (Burma Shave-Stash).
- Roef-Ragas: Dutch actor (Missing Link, Red Rain, Juju, Mykosch).
- Mark Knight in California: USA; rock guitarist (Bang Tango-Dancin' on Coals).
- Stefka Kostadinova: in Bulgaria; high jumper (world record 1987).
- George Hickenlooper: American documentary film-maker.
- Yahya Jammeh: Gambian colonel and politician President of the Gambia
- Aleck ''Rice'' Miller: American blues singer, songwriter and harmonica player.
- Dave Davies of Kinks stumbles and is knocked unconscious on stage
- Roel van Duyn, Martijn Ananar and Rob Faado align in Provo
- U.S. Treasury officials announce that dollar coin production had been suspended.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
- The Supremes - Back In My Arms Again
- Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Count Me In
- The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
- The Beau Brummels - Just A Little
- Tom Jones - It's Not Unusual
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?