Monday 25 August 1969
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Catriona Matthew and Derek Fung.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Honky Tonk Women by The Rolling Stones.
Journey to the Far Side of the Sun, directed by Robert Parrish, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kapitän Harmsen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1969!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1969 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Catriona Matthew: Edinburgh, Scotland -- Golfer (1995 British Open-12th).
- Derek Fung: Hong Kong -- Canadian Tour golfer.
- Elly Hakami: San Francisco, California -- Tennis star.
- France Beaudoin: Canadian TV host of les Ailes de la mode, a show focused on fashion.
- Mike Jones: American athlete, defensive end whose pro-football career began in 1991.
- Cameron Mathison: Canadian actor
- Olga Konkova: Norwegian-Russian pianist and composer
- Vivek Razdan: Indian cricketer coach and sportscaster
- Rachel Shelley: English model and actress
- Steve Staley: American voice actor and singer
- John Witt: author, sportswriter, actor and Ballhawk
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 August 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- Jackie DeShannon - Put A Little Love In Your Heart
- Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed So Good)
- The Youngbloods - Get Together
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- Bob Dylan - Lay Lady Lay
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?