Tuesday 26 December 1989
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yohan Blake and Luke Worrall.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Another Day In Paradise by Phil Collins.
In UK Especially For You by Kylie & Jason was in the top 5 hits.
Always, directed by Steven Spielberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Swan Lake by Mark Helprin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching T-Bag and the Pearls of Wisdom.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Astyanax or Dynamite Duke.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 December 1989!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 26 December 1989 ?
- First day of Kwanzaa
- Australia - Proclamation Day (South Australian public holiday), for the foundation of the Australian state of South Australia on December 28, 1836 but commemorated on this day.
- Wrenboys celebrate Wren in Ireland
- Period of Ursids meteor shower ends about this day
- Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia - Tsunami Awareness Day/Tsunami Memorial (or Remembrance) Day
- Mandala Pooja at Sabarimala in Kerala, India
- First day of Junkanoo street parade in the Bahamas (the second day is on the New Year's Day)
- Wren day in Ireland and the Isle of Man.
- Boxing Day in the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The first day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- St. Stephen's Day, a public holiday in Catalonia, Croatia, Czech Republic, and the Republic of Ireland.
- R.C. Saints - Saint Stephen
- South Africa - Day of Goodwill, a public holiday
- Slovenia - Independence and Unity Day (1990)
- Yohan Blake: Runner.
- Luke Worrall
- Keenan MacWilliam: TV Actress.
- Sofiane Feghouli
- Dana Alexa: Dancer.
- Jennica Garcia: Filipina actress.
- Baby Biffle: American baby born under traumatic conditions.
- Frankie Donjae: Vine Star.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Phil Collins - Another Day In Paradise
- Linda Ronstadt - Don't Know Much
- Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire
- Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation
- Taylor Dayne - With Every Beat Of My Heart
- Soul II Soul - Back To Life
- Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam
- Cher - Just Like Jesse James
- New Kids On The Block - This One's For The Children
- Bon Jovi - Living In Sin
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Kylie & Jason - Especially For You
- New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff)
- Erasure - Crackers International (EP)
- Linda Ronstadt & Aaron Neville - Don't Know Much
- Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
- Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers - Let's Party
- Inner City - Good Life
- Jason Donovan - When You Come Back To Me
- Kaoma - Lambada
- Angry Anderson - Suddenly
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?