Tuesday 26 December 1989
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 26, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yohan Blake and Luke Worrall.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Another Day In Paradise by Phil Collins.
Born on the Fourth of July, directed by Oliver Stone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Caribbean by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Sweet Life.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Fast Break or Cosmic Osmo and the Worlds Beyond the Mackerel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 December 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 December 1989!
Which were the important events of 26 December 1989 ?
- First day of Kwanzaa
- Australia - Proclamation Day (South Australian public holiday), for the foundation of the Australian state of South Australia on December 28, 1836 but commemorated on this day.
- Wrenboys celebrate Wren in Ireland
- Period of Ursids meteor shower ends about this day
- Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia - Tsunami Awareness Day/Tsunami Memorial (or Remembrance) Day
- Mandala Pooja at Sabarimala in Kerala, India
- First day of Junkanoo street parade in the Bahamas (the second day is on the New Year's Day)
- Wren day in Ireland and the Isle of Man.
- Boxing Day in the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The first day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- St. Stephen's Day, a public holiday in Catalonia, Croatia, Czech Republic, and the Republic of Ireland.
- R.C. Saints - Saint Stephen
- South Africa - Day of Goodwill, a public holiday
- Slovenia - Independence and Unity Day (1990)
- Yohan Blake: Runner.
- Luke Worrall
- Keenan MacWilliam: TV Actress.
- Sofiane Feghouli
- Dana Alexa: Dancer.
- Frankie Donjae: Vine Star.
- Baby Biffle: American baby born under traumatic conditions.
- Jennica Garcia: Filipina actress.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Phil Collins - Another Day In Paradise
- Linda Ronstadt - Don't Know Much
- Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire
- Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation
- Taylor Dayne - With Every Beat Of My Heart
- Soul II Soul - Back To Life
- Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam
- Cher - Just Like Jesse James
- New Kids On The Block - This One's For The Children
- Bon Jovi - Living In Sin
Top #10 R&B songs
- Babyface - Tender Lover
- Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation
- Quincy Jones Featuring Ray Charles & Chaka Khan - I'll Be Good To You
- By All Means - Let's Get It On
- The Gap Band - All Of My Love
- Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly - Silky Soul
- Regina Belle - Make It Like It Was
- Tyler Collins - Whatcha Gonna Do?
- Entouch Featuring Keith Sweat - All Nite
- Technotronic Featuring Felly - Pump Up The Jam
Top #10 Latin songs
- Emmanuel - La Chica De Humo
- Como Fui A Enamorarme De Ti - Los Bukis
- Isabel Pantoja - Se Me Enamora El Alma
- Si Me Vas A Olvidar - Roberto Carlos
- Daniela Romo - Quiero Amanecer Con Alguien
- La Cima Del Cielo - Ricardo Montaner
- Ana Gabriel - No Digas No
- El Que Mas Te Ha Querido - Dyango
- Fuiste Un Trozo De Hielo En La Escarcha - Chayanne
- Demasiado Tarde - Marisela
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?