Monday 4 December 1989
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 4, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Garron DuPree and Ryan Dungey.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to We Didn't Start The Fire by Billy Joel.
In UK You Got It (The Right Stuff) by New Kids On The Block was in the top 5 hits.
Glory, directed by Edward Zwick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Chili Dawgs Always Bark At Night by Lewis Grizzard was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Sweet Life.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ghouls 'n Ghosts or Don Doko Don.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 December 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1989!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1989 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- Garron DuPree: American musician.
- Ryan Dungey: Motorcycle Racer.
- Jen Da Silva: Filipino model and dancer.
- Prime Minister of Jordan Zaid ibn Shaker resigns and is replaced by Mudar Badran.
- Egon Krenz resigns as Chairman of the State Council of the German Democratic Republic, and is replaced by Manfred Gerlach, the first non-Communist to hold that post.
- École Polytechnique Massacre (or Montreal Massacre): Marc Lépine, an anti-feminist gunman, murders 14 young women at the École Polytechnique in Montreal.
- Ladislav Adamec resigns as Prime Minister of Czechoslovakia. He is succeeded by Marián Čalfa on December 10.
- The Lithuanian Soviet Socialist Republic becomes the first of the republics of the Soviet Union to abolish the Communist Party's monopoly on power.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 4 December 1989
- Buffalo Bills - Seattle Seahawks : 16 - 17
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire
- Phil Collins - Another Day In Paradise
- Milli Vanilli - Blame It On The Rain
- Paula Abdul - (It's Just) The Way That You Love Me
- Linda Ronstadt - Don't Know Much
- Soul II Soul - Back To Life
- Richard Marx - Angelia
- Taylor Dayne - With Every Beat Of My Heart
- The B-52's - Love Shack
- Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam
Top #10 R&B songs
- Luther Vandross - Here And Now
- Angela Winbush - It's The Real Thing
- Miki Howard - Ain't Nuthin' In The World
- Randy Crawford - Knockin' On Heaven's Door
- The Gap Band - All Of My Love
- Babyface - Tender Lover
- Alyson Williams - Just Call My Name
- Patti LaBelle - Yo Mister
- Sharon Bryant - Foolish Heart
- Dr. Soul - Foster/Mcelroy
Top #10 Latin songs
- Como Fui A Enamorarme De Ti - Los Bukis
- Fuiste Un Trozo De Hielo En La Escarcha - Chayanne
- Emmanuel - La Chica De Humo
- Si Me Vas A Olvidar - Roberto Carlos
- Lucerito - Cuentame
- Fria como el viento - Luis Miguel
- El Que Mas Te Ha Querido - Dyango
- Rodando Caminos - Jose Luis Rodriguez
- No Digas No - Ana Gabriel
- Franco de Vita - Luis
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?