Saturday December 23, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 23, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jordin Sparks and Nick Chambers.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Another Day In Paradise by Phil Collins.
In UK You Got It (The Right Stuff) by New Kids On The Block was in the top 5 hits.
Born on the Fourth of July, directed by Oliver Stone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Eleventh Hour by Graeme Base was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Sweet Life.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alleyway or Cameltry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 December 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1989!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1989 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
Famous Birthdays:23 December
- Josef Alexander: Composer, dies at 82.
- Nicolae and Elena Ceauşescu are captured in Târgoviște.
- Romanian leader Nicolae Ceauşescu and his wife Elena are executed by military troops after being found guilty of crimes against humanity.
- Bank of Japan governors announce a major interest rate hike, eventually leading to the peak and fall of the ''bubble economy''.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 23 December 1989
- Buffalo Bills - New York Jets : 37 - 0
- Cleveland Browns - Houston Oilers : 24 - 20
- Washington Redskins - Seattle Seahawks : 29 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Phil Collins - Another Day In Paradise
- Linda Ronstadt - Don't Know Much
- Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire
- Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation
- Taylor Dayne - With Every Beat Of My Heart
- Soul II Soul - Back To Life
- Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam
- Cher - Just Like Jesse James
- New Kids On The Block - This One's For The Children
- Bon Jovi - Living In Sin
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Gap Band - All Of My Love
- Babyface - Tender Lover
- Miki Howard - Ain't Nuthin' In The World
- Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation
- By All Means - Let's Get It On
- Angela Winbush - It's The Real Thing
- Sharon Bryant - Foolish Heart
- Patti LaBelle - Yo Mister
- I'll Be Good To You - Quincy Jones Featuring Ray Charles & Chaka Khan
- Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly - Silky Soul
Top #10 Latin songs
- Como Fui A Enamorarme De Ti - Los Bukis
- Emmanuel - La Chica De Humo
- Isabel Pantoja - Se Me Enamora El Alma
- Si Me Vas A Olvidar - Roberto Carlos
- La Cima Del Cielo - Ricardo Montaner
- El Que Mas Te Ha Querido - Dyango
- Fuiste Un Trozo De Hielo En La Escarcha - Chayanne
- No Digas No - Ana Gabriel
- Demasiado Tarde - Marisela
- Frente A Frente - Los Yonic's
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Especially For You - Kylie & Jason
- New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff)
- Crackers International (EP) - Erasure
- Linda Ronstadt & Aaron Neville - Don't Know Much
- Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers - Let's Party
- Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
- Inner City - Good Life
- Jason Donovan - When You Come Back To Me
- Angry Anderson - Suddenly
- Kaoma - Lambada
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?