Monday December 11, 1989US date format: 12/11/1989, UK date format: 11/12/1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 11, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marion Marechal-Le Pen and Rob Pannell.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to We Didn't Start The Fire by Billy Joel.
In UK You Got It (The Right Stuff) by New Kids On The Block was in the top 5 hits.
Born on the Fourth of July, directed by Oliver Stone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while My Turn by Nancy Reagan with William Novak was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Simpsons.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing All-Pro Basketball Zenbei! Pro Basketball or The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle/Roger Rabbit/Mickey Mouse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1989!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1989 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Marion Marechal-Le Pen: Politician.
- Rob Pannell: Lacrosse Player.
- Murugan Thiruchelvam: English chess player.
- Louise Dahl-Wolfe: American photographer (Born 1895).
- City of Angels opens at Virginia Theater NYC for 878 performances
- Mark Davis signs record US$3.25 million per year Kansas City Royals contract.
- Catalina V�squez Villalpando begins term as 39th Treasurer of the US.
- The International Trans-Antarctica Expedition, a group of six explorers from six nations, reaches the South Pole.
Sport Games on 11 December 1989
- San Francisco 49ers - Los Angeles Rams : 30 - 27
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire
- Phil Collins - Another Day In Paradise
- Linda Ronstadt - Don't Know Much
- Soul II Soul - Back To Life
- Taylor Dayne - With Every Beat Of My Heart
- Milli Vanilli - Blame It On The Rain
- Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam
- Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation
- Bon Jovi - Living In Sin
- Cher - Just Like Jesse James
Top #10 R&B songs
- Miki Howard - Ain't Nuthin' In The World
- Angela Winbush - It's The Real Thing
- Babyface - Tender Lover
- The Gap Band - All Of My Love
- Luther Vandross - Here And Now
- Patti LaBelle - Yo Mister
- By All Means - Let's Get It On
- Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation
- Sharon Bryant - Foolish Heart
- Randy Crawford - Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Top #10 Latin songs
- Como Fui A Enamorarme De Ti - Los Bukis
- Emmanuel - La Chica De Humo
- Si Me Vas A Olvidar - Roberto Carlos
- Fuiste Un Trozo De Hielo En La Escarcha - Chayanne
- Isabel Pantoja - Se Me Enamora El Alma
- El Que Mas Te Ha Querido - Dyango
- Lucerito - Cuentame
- Rodando Caminos - Jose Luis Rodriguez
- La Cima Del Cielo - Ricardo Montaner
- No Digas No - Ana Gabriel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?