Tuesday October 27, 1981
US date format: 10/27/1981, UK date format: 27/10/1981
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 27, 1981). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Han Hye-jin and Salem Fakir.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do) by Christopher Cross.
In UK It's My Party by Dave Stewart With Barbara Gaskin was in the top 5 hits.
Porky's, directed by Bob Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while An Indecent Obsession by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Last Song.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Munchman or Triple Action.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 27, 1981?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- See more
- Andrew Young, former United Nations Ambassador, elected mayor of Atlanta, Georgia.
- The Soviet submarine U 137 runs aground on the east coast of Sweden.
- Elizabeth Jones is sworn in as 11th Chief Engraver at the US Mint.
- John Warburton: Actor (King Rat, Cavalcade), dies at 94.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 27, 1981?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Private Eyes
- Sheena Easton - For Your Eyes Only
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- Bob Seger - Tryin' To Live My Life Without You (Live)
- Dan Fogelberg - Hard To Say
- Little River Band - The Night Owls
- Rick Springfield - I've Done Everything For You
- Eddie Rabbitt - Step By Step
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Luther Vandross - Never Too Much
- Four Tops - When She Was My Girl
- Roger - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Diana Ross & Lionel Richie - Endless Love
- Kool & The Gang - Take My Heart (You Can Have It If You Want It)
- Aretha Franklin And George Benson - Love All The Hurt Away
- The Time - Get It Up
- Prince - Controversy
- Carl Carlton - She's A Bad Mama Jama (She's Built, She's Stacked)
- Teddy Pendergrass - I Can't Live Without Your Love
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 27If October 27, 1981 is your birthday you're 38 years, 11 months, 2 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 28 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on October 27, 1981?
On October 27, 1981 the day of the week was Tuesday.
What zodiac sign is October 27, 1981?
On October 27, 1981 the zodiac sign was Scorpio.
Who was the US President on October 27, 1981?
On October 27, 1981 the US President was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on October 27, 1981?
On October 27, 1981 the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on October 27, 1981?
On October 27, 1981 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on October 27, 1981?
On October 27, 1981 several famous people were born including, Han Hye-jin, Salem Al Fakir, Salem Fakir.
Which famous people died on October 27, 1981?
Famous people died on October 27, 1981 include, John Warburton.
What was the number one song in October 27, 1981?
The number one song in the week of October 27, 1981 was Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do) by Christopher Cross in US and It's My Party by Dave Stewart With Barbara Gaskin in UK.
What were the top hits on October 27, 1981?
The top hits on October 27, 1981 were Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do) by Christopher Cross, Start Me Up by The Rolling Stones, Private Eyes by Daryl Hall & John Oates in US and It's My Party by Dave Stewart With Barbara Gaskin, The Birdie Song (Birdie Dance) by The Tweets, Prince Charming by Adam & The Ants in UK.