Tuesday 27 September 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Giorgi Bagrationi .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5.
Real Steel, directed by Shawn Levy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Bossypants by Tina Fey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Carnation.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Baconing or Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 2011!
Which were the important events of 27 September 2011 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Giorgi Bagrationi: Spanish-Georgian son of David Bagration of Mukhrani.
- North Caucasus insurgency:
- One policeman and seven civilians die as a result of car bombing in the Republic of Dagestan, Russia. (Reuters)
- An explosion destroys the Arab Gas Pipeline in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula supplying natural gas to Jordan and Israel. (Reuters)
- Australian Minister for Defence Stephen Smith announces that women will be serving in frontline-combat roles in the Australian military within five years. (ABC News Online)
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- The Syrian Army launches an attack on the town of Rastan near the city of Homs. (Reuters via Alertnet)
- Abu Sayyaf gunmen attack pro-government militia in the township of Sumisip on Basilan Island in the Philippines, with six people reported killed and five wounded. (AP)
- A suicide bomber kills at least two people in the city of Lashkar Gah in Afghanistan's Helmand Province. (AP via Forbes)
- Visitors to Australia face delays as Australian Customs and Border Protection Service staff go on strike over a pay dispute. (''Daily Telegraph'')
- South Korea's Financial Services Commission announces plans to pump more money into suspended local savings banks. (Yonhap News)
- Thousands of airline passengers are stranded at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila after Phillippine Airlines staff stage a walkout. (''Phillippines Star'')
- Defence company BAE Systems confirms almost 3,000 jobs will be lost among its UK workforce. (Sky News)
- The board of LCH.Clearnet, an independent European clearing house, reportedly approves of a takeover proposal by the London Stock Exchange. (Reuters)
- Typhoon Nesat hits the island of Luzon in the Philippines with at least sixteen deaths, 100,000 people evacuated and the capital Manila brought to a standstill. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- More than 80 people have died and more than two million affected by floods in India with the states of Orissa, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar worst affected. (BBC)
- At least 37 people are killed, including 30 schoolchildren, and another seventy critically injured following a school bus accident at Kallar Kahar in the Punjab province of Pakistan. (''Express Tribune'')
- One miner is killed and another injured following an underground roof collapse at Kellingley Colliery in North Yorkshire, one of the United Kingdom's deepest remaining mines. (BBC)
- Israel approves the construction of 1,100 homes in the Jewish settlement of Gilo on the outskirts of Jerusalem. (BBC)
- CEOs of Iranian Melli Bank and Saderat Bank resign from their positions as a result of $2.6 billion bank fraud. (TABNAK)
- Fugitive hijacker George Wright is caught in Portugal, thirty-nine years after he and members of the Black Liberation Army took control of Delta Air Lines Flight 841 and flew it to Algeria. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 27 September 2011
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Brighton - Crystal Palace : 1 - 3
- Bristol City - Reading : 2 - 3
- Burnley - Nott'm Forest : 5 - 1
- Coventry - Blackpool : 2 - 2
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- AFC Telford United - Alfreton Town : 1 - 0
- Barrow - Lincoln : 1 - 0
- Braintree Town - Tamworth : 3 - 1
- Darlington - Southport : 0 - 3
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Milton Keynes Dons - Charlton : 1 - 1
- Wycombe - Preston : 3 - 4
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Rangers - Kilmarnock : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?