Wednesday January 28, 1998
US date format: 1/28/1998, UK date format: 28/1/1998
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on January 28, 1998). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Ariel Winter and Space Shuttle Challenger disaster.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Together Again by Janet.
In UK Never Ever by All Saints was in the top 5 hits.
Left Luggage, directed by Jeroen Krabbé, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1998
while The Man Who Listens To Horses by Monty Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sparsh.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cabela's Big Game Hunter II: Open Season or Cyvern: The Dragon Weapons.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 28, 1998?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Michelangelo, Christ & the Woman of Samaria, sold for $7.4 million
- The United States Senate passes Resolution 71, urging U.S. President Bill Clinton to ampquottake all necessary and appropriate actions to respond to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs.ampquot
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 28, 1998?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #11 songs in the USA
- Janet - Together Again
- Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply
- Usher - Nice & Slow
- LeAnn Rimes - How Do I Live
- Puff Daddy - Been Around The World
- Chumbawamba - Tubthumping
- Uncle Sam - I Don't Ever Want To See You Again
- Usher - You Make Me Wanna..
- Robyn - Show Me Love
- Elton John - Something About The Way You Look Tonight
- Elton John - Candle In The Wind 1997
Top #5 songs in the UK
Sport Games on January 28, 1998
- Indiana Pacers - Philadelphia 76ers : 93 - 90
- Los Angeles Clippers - San Antonio Spurs : 86 - 109
- New Jersey Nets - Los Angeles Lakers : 106 - 95
- New York Knicks - Miami Heat : 82 - 86
- Orlando Magic - Detroit Pistons : 86 - 91
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Man City - Charlton : 2 - 2
- Norwich - Sunderland : 2 - 1
- Swindon - Stoke : 1 - 0
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Aberdeen - Dunfermline : 2 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next January 28If January 28, 1998 is your birthday you're 22 years, 8 months, 1 day old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 3 months, 30 days.
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1998?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $60.19
- Apple AAPL: opens at $19.19
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $146.25
- General Electric GE: opens at $76.56
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $97.12
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on January 28, 1998?
On January 28, 1998 the day of the week was Wednesday.
What zodiac sign is January 28, 1998?
On January 28, 1998 the zodiac sign was Aquarius.
Who was the US President on January 28, 1998?
On January 28, 1998 the US President was Bill Clinton (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on January 28, 1998?
On January 28, 1998 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on January 28, 1998?
On January 28, 1998 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on January 28, 1998?
On January 28, 1998 several famous people were born including, Ariel Winter, Space Shuttle Challenger disaster, Sammi Sanchez.
What was the number one song in January 28, 1998?
The number one song in the week of January 28, 1998 was Together Again by Janet in US and Never Ever by All Saints in UK.
What were the top hits on January 28, 1998?
The top hits on January 28, 1998 were Together Again by Janet, Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden, Nice & Slow by Usher in US and Never Ever by All Saints, Perfect Day by Various Artists, Too Much by The Spice Girls in UK.