Sunday 25 January 1998
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marlene Lawston and Mo West.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden.
In UK Never Ever by All Saints was in the top 5 hits.
Great Expectations, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1998
while The Rape Of Nanking by Iris Chang was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Seija no koushin.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Assault (EU) Assault: Retribution (NA) or Close Combat III: The Russian Front.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1998!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 25 January 1998 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
Famous Birthdays:25 January
- Patti LaBelle On Broadway, closes at St. James Theater, New York City
- Spice Girl Victoria Adams (Posh) and soccer David Beckham gets engaged
- Helen Alfredsson wins Office Depot LPGA tournament.
- Super Bowl XXXII: The Denver Broncos become the first AFC team in 14 years to win the Super Bowl, as they defeat the Green Bay Packers, 31-24.
- During a historic visit to Cuba, Pope John Paul II demands the release of political prisoners and political reforms while condemning US attempts to isolate the country.
- A suicide attack by the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam on Sri Lanka's Temple of the Tooth kills 8 people and injures 25 others.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1998 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 25 January 1998
- Utah Jazz - Chicago Bulls : 101 - 94
- Green Bay Packers - Denver Broncos : 24 - 31
Serie AItalian Football
- Bari - Napoli : 2 - 0
- Brescia - Parma : 2 - 1
- Empoli - Inter : 1 - 1
- Juventus - Atalanta : 3 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Beveren - Lommel : 2 - 2
- Harelbeke - St Truiden : 3 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?