Wednesday 29 April 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 29, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Bright Star, directed by Jane Campion, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Incredible Human Journey.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Canabalt or Black Mirror II: Reigning Evil.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 April 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 2009!
Which were the important events of 29 April 2009 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 April
- (to May 1) Heritage Numismatic Auctions conductions coin auctions at the Central States Numismatic Society convention in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- The third C40 Large Cities Climate Leadership Group meets in Seoul.
- Following more than a quarter-century of fighting, the Sri Lankan Civil War ends with the total military defeat of the LTTE.
- The United States economy contracts by 6.1% in the first fiscal quarter of 2009. (AP via ''New York Times'')
- Swine influenza outbreak:
- The United States suffers its first death. (''USA Today'')
- Mexico reports 159 deaths and 2,500 suspected cases. (Sky News)
- The World Health Organization raises its Pandemic Alert Level to five. (BBC)
- India's government locks down Srinagar, Kashmir, to prevent anti-election protests. (AFP via Google News)
- Australia announces the deployment of 450 additional soldiers to the Afghanistan War. (AAP via News Limited)
- The Armed Forces kill more than 50 Taliban militants while capturing Daggar, Buner Valley. (Reuters)
- At least 23 people are killed as riots erupt in North Karachi. (''Daily Times'')
- The Truth and Reconciliation Commission of the Solomon Islands is officially opened. (BBC)
- President of the United States Barack Obama delivers his 3rd primetime news conference on his 100th day in office
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 29 April 2009
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Rennes - Bordeaux : 2 - 3
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Blame It - Jamie Foxx Featuring T-Pain
- Dead And Gone - T.I. Featuring Justin Timberlake
- Turnin Me On - Keri Hilson Featuring Lil Wayne
- Rockin' That Thang - The-Dream
- Kiss Me Thru The Phone - Soulja Boy Tell 'em Featuring Sammie
- Boyfriend #2 - Pleasure P
- Turn My Swag On - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Magnificent - Rick Ross Featuring John Legend
- sobeautiful - Musiq Soulchild
- Jennifer Hudson - If This Isn't Love
Top #10 Latin songs
- Tu No Eres Para Mi - Fanny Lu
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Sin Ti...Sin Mi - Ricardo Arjona
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
- Que Te Queria - La Quinta Estacion
- Aqui Estoy Yo - Luis Fonsi
- El Ultimo Beso - Vicente Fernandez
- No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi
- El Trono de Mexico - Almas Gemelas
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The Treasury will offer incentives to lenders to modify or forgive second mortgages. [..]
The Treasury Department has told the lenders that they must accept $2 billion in cash to eliminate about $6.9 billion in secured debt by a deadline on Thursday. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $48.01
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $47.60
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $48.47
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $35.58
- 1 CAD = 5.6703 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9434 CHF
- 1 AUD = 4.943 CNY
- 1 AUD = 0.8223 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?