Thursday 30 April 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 30, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Bright Star, directed by Jane Campion, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Yankee Years by Joe Torre and Tom Verducci was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Incredible Human Journey.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny or Cogs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 April 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 2009!
Which were the important events of 30 April 2009 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 April
- Chrysler files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and announces a deal with Fiat. The US government announces it will provide up to US$3.5 billion in debtor-in-possession financing and up to US$4.5 billion in exit financing. The company is expected to continue under a new ownershop arrangement: 55 percent United Auto Workers' healthcare trust fund, Fiat 20 percent, U.S. and Canadian governments with a combined stake of 10 percent.
- The World Health Organization raises its global pandemic alert to Level 5 from Level 4 due to the spread of H1N1 flu virus. In the USA, about 300 schools are closed. In Mexico, the death toll reaches 176, and President Felipe Calderon tells government offices and private businesses not crucial to the economy to stop work on May 1 for five days, to avoid further spreading the virus.
- Seven people are killed and 17 injured at a Queen's Day parade in Apeldoorn, Netherlands.
- Swine influenza outbreak:
- President Felipe Calderón partially closes Mexico's economy for five days. (''The Irish Times'')
- The World Health Organization changes the strain's name to influenza A (H1N1). (''The Irish Times'')
- The United Kingdom ends combat operations in the Iraq War. (BBC)
- Eight National Army soldiers are killed during combat with the Revolutionary Armed Forces in Colombia. (BBC)
- Twelve people are killed at the State Oil Academy in Baku, Azerbaijan. (BBC)
- Helios Airways and four executives are charged with 119 counts of manslaughter over the crash of Flight 522 in 2005. (AP)amp!-- Unsure why the execs were removed before? --amp
- The Italian cargo ship ''Jolley Smeraldo'' evades an attempted hijacking by Somali pirates. (UPI)
- The Los Angeles Police Department identifies the suspected serial killer John Floyd Thomas, Jr. (''LA Times'')
- Souleymane Ndéné Ndiaye replaces Cheikh Hadjibou Soumaré as Prime Minister of Senegal. (Radio Netherlands)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Blame It - Jamie Foxx Featuring T-Pain
- Dead And Gone - T.I. Featuring Justin Timberlake
- Turnin Me On - Keri Hilson Featuring Lil Wayne
- Rockin' That Thang - The-Dream
- Kiss Me Thru The Phone - Soulja Boy Tell 'em Featuring Sammie
- Boyfriend #2 - Pleasure P
- Turn My Swag On - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Magnificent - Rick Ross Featuring John Legend
- sobeautiful - Musiq Soulchild
- Jennifer Hudson - If This Isn't Love
Top #10 Latin songs
- Tu No Eres Para Mi - Fanny Lu
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Sin Ti...Sin Mi - Ricardo Arjona
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
- Que Te Queria - La Quinta Estacion
- Aqui Estoy Yo - Luis Fonsi
- El Ultimo Beso - Vicente Fernandez
- No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi
- El Trono de Mexico - Almas Gemelas
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
A mechanic was found dead on railroad tracks in India after he reported that someone had tampered with the helicopter of Anil Ambani, the chairman of the Reliance ADA Group. [..]
President Obama forced Chrysler into federal bankruptcy protection on Thursday so it could pursue a lifesaving alliance with the Italian automaker Fiat. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $47.37
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $49.49
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $49.48
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $36.78
- 1 CHF = 5.9807 CNY
- 1 CAD = 5.7062 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9553 CHF
- 1 AUD = 4.954 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?