Wednesday 29 August 2001
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include SimplyLuke .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Fallin' by Alicia Keys.
In UK Eternal Flame by Atomic Kitten was in the top 5 hits.
Jeepers Creepers, directed by Victor Salva, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while Valhalla Rising by Clive Cussler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cowboy Bebop.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beach Spikers or Zoo Tycoon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 2001!
Which were the important events of 29 August 2001 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2001 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 29 August 2001
Division 2Football (France)
- Beauvais - Laval : 2 - 0
- Caen - Amiens : 2 - 4
- Chateauroux - Le Havre : 4 - 2
- Creteil - Gueugnon : 3 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?