Thursday August 30, 2001
US date format: 8/30/2001, UK date format: 30/8/2001
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on August 30, 2001). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Emily Bear and Sean Fox.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Fallin' by Alicia Keys.
In UK Let's Dance by Five was in the top 5 hits.
Training Day, directed by Antoine Fuqua, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while Diana'S Boys by Christopher Andersen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Being Eve.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 90 Minutes or Army Men: Operation Green.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 30, 2001?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Ivor Spencer-Thomas: English farmer, entrepreneur and...
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 30, 2001?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Fallin'
- Jennifer Lopez Featuring Ja Rule - I'm Real
- Jagged Edge With Nelly - Where The Party At
- The Isley Brothers Featuring Ronald Isley - Contagious
- JAY-Z - Izzo (H.O.V.A.)
- Usher - U Remind Me
- Ginuwine - Differences
- Mary J. Blige - Family Affair
- Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott - One Minute Man
- Trick Daddy - I'm A Thug
Sport Games on August 30, 2001
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- QPR - Bristol City : 0 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $40.79
- Apple AAPL: opens at $17.74
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $59.04
- General Electric GE: opens at $40.70
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $102.75
- 1 USD = 119.33 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.5464 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.6508 CHF
- 1 EUR = 109.41 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6287 GBP