Wednesday 1 August 2001
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anderson Webb .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Bootylicious by Destiny's Child.
In UK Eternity / The Road To Mandalay by Robbie Williams was in the top 5 hits.
American Pie 2, directed by J.B. Rogers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while A Traitor To Memory by Elizabeth George was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Long Way to the Top.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Command & Conquer:Yuri's Revenge or Conker's Bad Fur Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 2001!
Which were the important events of 1 August 2001 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore has a 2.5-ton monument of the Ten Commandments (dubbed by both detractors and the media as 'Roy's Rock') surreptitiously installed in the Rotunda of the Judiciary Building.
- Bulgaria, Cyprus, Latvia, Malta, Slovenia and Slovakia join the European Environment Agency.
- An agreement is reached on the position of the minority Albanian language in the Republic of Macedonia.
- Law goes into effect in Germany legalizing same-sex registered partnerships.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2001 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?