Monday June 30, 1975
US date format: 6/30/1975, UK date format: 30/6/1975
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 30, 1975). The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Ralf Schumacher and Cora Schumacher.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Will Keep Us Together by The Captain and Tennille.
In UK Whispering Grass by Windsor Davies & Don Estelle was in the top 5 hits.
Smile, directed by Michael Ritchie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while The Total Woman by Marabel Morgan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Musical Chairs.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Jet Fighter or Anti-Aircraft.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 30, 1975?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Bundy victim Shelley Robertson disappears in Colorado
- Heavyweight Muhammad Ali defeats Joe Bugner in Malaysia
- University of California reports galaxy 3C123 at 8 billion light years distance
- Cher, just four days after divorcing Sonny Bono, marries Gregg Allman.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 30, 1975?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Captain and Tennille - Love Will Keep Us Together
- Van McCoy - The Hustle
- Wings - Listen To What The Man Said
- Michael Murphey - Wildfire
- Major Harris - Love Won't Let Me Wait
- Pilot - Magic
- Jessi Colter - I'm Not Lisa
- Linda Ronstadt - When Will I Be Loved
- Eagles - One Of These Nights
- Olivia Newton-John - Please Mr. Please
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Commodores - Slippery When Wet
- Van McCoy And The Soul City Symphony - The Hustle
- The Impressions - Sooner Or Later
- Michael Jackson - Just A Little Bit Of You
- The Moments - Look At Me (I'm In Love)
- The Isley Brothers - Fight The Power Part 1
- Syl Johnson - Take Me To The River
- Barry White - I'll Do For You Anything You Want Me To
- War - Why Can't We Be Friends?
- The Manhattans - Hurt
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next June 30If June 30, 1975 is your birthday you're 45 years, 2 months, 21 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 9 months, 10 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?